Thursday, November 29, 2012

700 degrees is HOT!

So the server at Burwell's Stone Fire Grill asked me how I wanted my "Petite Filet" prepared.

I said "medium please, pink in the middle."

Actually, I cooked it to taste at my table.

The 700 degree Searing Stone that warmed my face - and the rare steak - let me finish preparing the delicious 9 ounce hunk of meat.

I sliced the thick steak into bite-size pieces and placed them around the stone and the sizzling continued.

I saw the chef also could prepare foods in the 1400 degree wood fire grill.

My indoor cooker at home heats up to about 400 degrees.

Dining out IS different.

I attended a media dinner tonight at the downtown location (14 Market Street) and am singing their praises.

My fellow blogger Joan and I shared a starter plate of  Pork Belly and Scallops.

There's a surf & turf combo I had not tried before.

This was after the Chef's Surprise was placed in front of us.

A tiny quail egg and caviar.

This was an evening of "surprises" and taste delights in an upscale setting.

As a blogger, I often take photos of my food.

Tonight, several cameras were out and people snapping away.

 I don't use flash because I like the look of shadows and textures in available light photos.

I saw major renovations had been made to the building since I had eaten there before when it was a seafood place.

Walking in I noticed the sidewalk had been built up and I was told the actual floor also had been elevated.

Flooding in that area had affected several buildings in the past and I see efforts had been made to make sure that doesn't happen here.

Smart move.

They're cooking with much higher heat than I can do at home and Chef Eric Huff is committed to using local foods.

Joan's entree was Cedar Planked Lump Crab Cake, grilled with persimmon salsa and remoulade.

Wow.

We shared our filet steak and crab cake so a good sampling was achieved.

Yes, that's Joan with her SLR and be sure to check her blog for her views of our dining evening.

(Click on the photos for more details.)

We both ordered sides of Truffle & Red Dragon Mac & Cheese, but didn't get to it. They boxed it up for us.

Will make a nice lunch tomorrow.

Burp. (Excuse me.)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Thu Nov 29, 09:39:00 AM , Blogger Paul said...

Chuck! That sounds like a fantastic evening. I've wanted to meet Joan for a while, but the schedules never quite meshed and then I had to move back to Charlotte. Perhaps there's still a chance for the 3 of us to get together!

 
At Sat Feb 02, 11:47:00 AM , Blogger chuckography said...

I told her you and I had met and spent some time together. Let's make that happen!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home