Thursday, February 07, 2013

And now for something different...with cars.

This is a type of shot called "Panorama."

A very wide shot that can be made easily in modern cameras.

Panning from left to right, snap a view, then another to the right, with a little overlap.

Then you "stitch" them together into one shot. Unfortunately, this was done many years ago.

I just taped two photos together.

Very LOW tech.

More recently, I realized NOT having a garage is bad sometimes.

As when hail is predicted.

I enjoy my deck upstairs and downstairs.

(The hail did not materialize. Whew.)

Some will have noticed my heavy use lately of a Fisheye Lens effect.

Maybe even OVER use.


I will try to get through this posting without doing that.

These cars are an example of the Tilt-Shift effect.

A narrow band will be in sharp focus while
either side is diffused. Or at the top and bottom.

Then, crank up the contrast and color saturation.

The usual result looks like miniatures.

Tiny models of real cars, er, I mean subjects.







I looked but can't find any other Tilt-Shift examples
that show cars.

But, here's a shot looking down from the top of St. Paul's Cathedral in London.

Too bad there's no cars in the scene.

But...there's no Fisheye lens shots either.

(Click on the photos for more details.)

Had to dip into my files to resist showing more fisheye lens shots.

That effect is addictive.

I'm hooked.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home