Monday, March 23, 2020

Never can be TOO crowded....

 As we "hunker down" and practice self-imposed personal aloneness, we really are doing what has been mandated. Scientific and logically.

This is a solid, positive way to not only stay healthy but to also help lessen the spread of the evil virus.

But we also have ALL we need ....to be bored. I miss being with others!

A few years before the Gaillard Center actually re-opened, I had a picture taken of me in front of a huge drawing of how it WOULD look.

After it actually was completed, of course, I could stand, er sit,  in the actual spot with the same view and recently I DID sit upstairs on that level.

But, right after I posed in front of the drawing - years before the renovation was completed - I "faked" sitting amidst a crowd. Thank you, the magic of using Photoshop.

Plopped down in an empty seat next to who would have been my surprised fellow spectators.

Hmm, maybe as a way to break the boredom we all have right now, I should insert myself into other "crowd scenes" to at least FEEL like I was set free..out and about..enjoying Charleston's many charms. The PAC, the Pour House, Sunday Blues Bashes, etc.

As I ponder that - and start to select proper crowd scenes - I came across a delightful online link that lets me visit and, perhaps, RE-visit great museums around the world!  https://tinyurl.com/woxmd3w

It can't replace the thrill of actually standing in the Louve, staring up at the Venus DeMilo or Winged Victory or smiling back at the Mona Lisa.

But nobody can actually do that right now so I will enjoy my personal memories of Paris and invite you to click and journey as your soul really wants to be doing right now.

Bon Voyage!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home