Friday, February 14, 2020

Conrad...uh oh, you have mail!



Well, I finally got to see the 2018 movie CONRAD & MICHELLE.

It was filming on a chilly day at Folly Beach as our island stood in for a Florida beach.

The scene is set poolside in a posh "Edge of America" condo complex and we see the troubled young man sadly sulking as BBQ party-goers all around him eat, laugh and have fun!

The Director shouts "Man in the blue shirt, pantomime telling a joke to the lady next to you, laugh outrageously loud and then walk out of frame."

A passing PA (Production Assistant) mumbles to me as he passes "He could at least have asked you your name. A-hole."

Blue shirt laughs for 3 takes and, as I step away, we see Michelle for the first time!

The Director had placed me in the foreground so I was VERY pleased. 

Maybe the shot would be used in the actual film. 


Later, we were taken by bus back to the holding area for extras and we changed into beachwear.

Now I had on a different shirt and red shorts, pretending to NOT be chilled. 

Bused back to the beach, I settle on the sand, chatting with my companion on the blanket as the crew sets up in the background. 

Shuffling over to us on the sand,  a different PA comes up and says I have to exit the scene. Another guy takes my place.

"Huh, why?" I ask. 

"The Director says you were so prominent poolside, we can't use you again in a beach crowd scene."

Well, I like the sound of THAT! Maybe my laughing scene will actually be selected in editing!

As an Extra, we are paid for an entire 8-hours so my short day still worked out. 

And, because I "spoke" (laughed) on camera...maybe something even better will happen!

Nope. 

I looked at the end of the movie and "Blue Shirt" is not listed in the credits!

OK, you know I suggest you click on the photos and links for more details. 

Thanks for joining me on a movie location shoot for a sad and troubling theme movie about online text bullying and teen suicide.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Wed Feb 19, 07:49:00 PM , Blogger Charlestonjoan said...

You are having so much fun with this!

 
At Sun Feb 23, 12:30:00 PM , Blogger chuckography said...

Thanks, Joan, this acting this
acting thing is very fulfilling!

 
At Sat Jan 27, 05:58:00 PM , Anonymous The Dream Cluster said...

Nice blogg

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home