Tuesday, November 12, 2019

It seemed like just yesterday....

 Actually, it WAS  only yesterday.

Veterans Day 2019 has a nice highlight each year with offers of free meals for vets and First Responders.

Eli Hyman, the owner of Hyman's Seafood downtown, came through again with his offer of a "thank you for your service"  Free Meal up to $20.

Driving downtown, I was thinking of such past treats as his fried Flounder but also have enjoyed his Shrimp & Grits.

This time I was seated downstairs at the bar around 5:30 and it was not very crowded. The bartender said they were VERY busy at lunchtime.

Two others came in and mentioned the Veteran's Special.

As the server went through the choices of what came with the grits, I heard salmon was an option. Had always gone with shrimp but this time I opted for the salmon patties and grits.

That was a favorite meal my Mom would make and I am glad I chose it!

I paid for a beer with my free meal and even bought the new Hyman's souvenir cocktail glass for my evening Jameson-on-the-rocks.

His offer was appreciated and I made sure to add a tip based on the actual total cost.

Usually, I tip at 20% and today was no exception.

Great meal, fine friendly attention and a sincere "Thank you for your service."

My mother would have liked that.

Click on the photos and the links for more detail. Thanks for sharing a holiday Monday with me.









Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home