Thursday, April 28, 2016

Got me some Alabama Shakes

Earlier, I mentioned a 3-in-one night of music.

A Trifecta, featuring Brittany Howard's raging vocals.

I had seen her band
 Alabama Shakes several times before but this was at the newly-named Volvo Car Center, outdoors, under the stars on a balmy Spring night.

The band played well and Brittany's vocals were full-throttle as she played her green guitar.

And, there has to be high praise for the lighting.

Dramatic, flashy, riveting and perfect for each song.

Moods were established and it was magical.

I had the luxury of being comfortably seated on the side, several rows above the heads of those standing on the clay tennis court.

Great sight lines as my camera captured the terrific light changes.

I was a bit surprised to see so many people were standing at their seats? Huh?

They blocked the view of others while they stood, many texting on their phones, the whole time.

Perhaps they should have opted to be with the other fans standing down on the court.


I remained seated, relaxing and enjoying this musical special evening, sipping a beer.

This was the same setting where I saw Bob Dylan perform and his stage was mainly back-lighted.

It was difficult to see his face, in shadow, under his trademark wide-brim hat.

Oops. My bad.

I did not jot down the name of the band that opened.

Dylan LeBlanc was scheduled but this was a different band.

They started playing as the sun was going down so I decided to try shooting some black & white images.

(Click on the photos and links for more details and info.)

Stay alert for the "Shakes" and make sure you catch them the next time they are in town.

Thanks. Support live music!


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home