Tuesday, April 12, 2016

TWO April birthdays for me this month...

I've been celebrating my birthday the end of April for as long as I can remember.

Well, I don't recall "the early years" very clearly, but I'm sure my parents observed the day....eventually with a cake and ice cream.

And, for at least the last 5 years, I have been aware that certain restaurants will provide an annual complimentary birthday meal.

But, today, I had an April  discount on a meal not due to it being MY birthday.

The occasion instead, was because it was Ruby Tuesday's 44th birthday.

It wasn't a free meal but they did offer a 44% discount on my total tab.

[Some restrictions apply. Like it was only available today. Sorry.]

That's almost the same as a 50% BOGO (Buy One Get One free) they used to offer.

I chose to have garlic mash taters for one side dish and then I was able to add RubyTuesday's great full salad bar as my second side.

I have not wandered down a salad line in a long time but recall I used to see how high I could pile it.

Ahem, now that I am older (and wiser), I made a sensible size salad,

But I had forgotten the small, tasty biscuits that come with the meal, so it became a nice balanced and filling repast at almost half price.

Had been a while since I had had lobster so I ordered the "Coastal Trio" that had a lobster tail, tilapia and a skewer of spicy shrimp.

I chatted with Eric, the Manager, who took over about a year ago at the Savannah Highway location.

He said the lunch crowd was quite large, and they were braced for a busy evening dinner crowd.

I took a long look at the upside down pineapple cake shown on the menu but waddled, uh, er, walked out without the sweet-tooth finishing touch.

Wisely, I drove there and was seated about 2:15. so I missed both crowds.

My server Bri, wished me an early Happy Birthday.


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home