Sunday, October 06, 2013

Steak burger & a shake....

Some might call it a foodie assembly line but I think it's an example of a terrific division of tasks.

The new Steak N Shake in Tanger Outlets in North Charleston knows how to get 'er done.

The guys on the grill keep churning them out to order.

Next step is for the people who apply the condiments.

The server brings it to you as you relax at the counter or in a booth.

It's not always fun to "peek behind the scenes" but this was entertaining, watching teammates work well together.

My server was on her very first night "on the floor" after a week of training.

We got a moment to chat as she efficiently tended to the clients at her station along the counter.

She has been in Charleston for a while and has been a barister at Starbucks.

"I became the manager there but, after I came back from a maternity leave, things had changed a lot so I looked around," she said.

She worked smoothly and when I saw some shakes delivered next to me, I put aside my iced tea and ordered one of the $3 beauties.

Guess that counts as a balanced meal?

I agree with others who feel it all comes together well.

Service, sort of a 1950s diner atmosphere, and a production line smoothly producing delicious steak burgers. Some were on a pretzel roll.

I had seen the billboard on I-26 but didn't realize the place had opened back in June.

So, if you've been shopping at the Tanger shops, or headed for a show at the PAC, here's another place to add to your dining list.

I'll know be back.

Probably will skip the iced tea. Have another great shake.

(Click on the photos for more details.)

Moderation is easier at a place that doesn't serve beer.


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home