Monday, November 01, 2010

Just A Face In The Crowd....

This appears to be the "Early Bird" souvenir towel.

Don't know how many were made but I got this at 9:00am before the noon start of the Rally.

Edged my way to the center near the second large screen but crowd crunch was fierce.

Ended up to the left of the stage with some more elbow room - and a place to sit on my small blanket. Unfortunately a media stand blocked my view.

But there was a great Jumbo-tron for an excellent view of the onstage activity.

And the SIGNS!






Very creative and funny.

I stood among a very mixed-age crowd. Some older but most younger.

A well-behaved group of people.

When the assemblage was told to do a Hand-Wave, one could see that the ripple took a long, long, long time to reach back toward the Washington Monument.


Later I heard that admittance to the actual Mall was closed by the National Park Service around 11 am.

I still have not heard an "official" estimate of the crowd size but certainly believe it was more than 150,000.

There were at least that many ahead of me trying to get on the Metro afterward.


























Wow. I took a lot of pictures with my Canon S90. Click on these to see more detail. Thanks for coming by.

If you were in the DC crowd and I didn't say "hi" I'm sorry.)

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Mon Nov 01, 03:31:00 PM , Blogger JanetLee said...

It was packed! We had to squeeze out from the main crowd to the side street just so Jason could lift his camera to take pictures!

 
At Mon Nov 01, 04:31:00 PM , Anonymous Chuck Boyd said...

Not very close to the stage so I concentrated inside the crowd itself. Trying to move anywhere/get back would have been futile.
Hope you had fun!

 
At Fri Nov 05, 07:18:00 PM , Blogger Sally said...

Chuck!
So cool that you went to this!
I've been loving all the "best sign" collections going around the web.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home