Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Lens Is Delicate and Fragile...


It just makes sense to treat a camera lens carefully.

A telephoto lens is expensive.

A lens is composed of layers of precision-ground glass.

A good, sharp lens helps you take better photos.

You don't ever drop a lens.

Or handle it roughly.

Never mistreat it.

The lens should be in a protective case.

Use the lens cap.

Keep a lens dry.

Of course, if it is a coffee mug that is just designed to LOOK like a lens, then you have more leeway.

You can make tea in it.

My Canon S90 camera is a Point and Shoot, a P/S, and it does not accept interchangable lenses.

Or coffee mugs.

In fact, if I had to carry around different lenses and filters in a big gadget bag and a large tripod, it would be a much larger camera - probably an DSLR.

Then I would miss lots of pictures because it would be bulky to carry. And heavy. And I would be lazy.

I would probably NOT have it with me when a great photo opportunity presented itself. Yikes.

It IS fun to imagine having a great big lens though.

(I hope people actually read this and not just shake their head seeing the making-tea-in-a-lens picture. They would think I'm a dope.)

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Sat May 03, 03:39:00 PM , Blogger chuckography said...

*Update: Four years later in 2014, I bought a Canon sx260HS that is the same size as the S90 BUT has a 20x zoom lens built-in. Yes, equal to a 25mm to 500mm. Wow!

 
At Sat May 03, 03:39:00 PM , Blogger chuckography said...

*Update: Four years later in 2014, I bought a Canon sx260HS that is the same size as the S90 BUT has a 20x zoom lens built-in. Yes, equal to a 25mm to 500mm. Wow!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home