Friday, September 10, 2010

Paris Is In The Headlines ....

Well, she's in the papers again.

And being mentioned by late night television comics.

Her purse is pretty famous too.

(Or "somebody's" purse that she was holding.)

It's been a while since I've name-dropped Paris Hilton.

Back then, I ran a photo of me standing at the curb outside the Hilton.

In Paris, France.

There was a spike in hits on my blog for a few days.


I remember being the center of a small flurry of activity in the news - very local - back in the 1970s.

I was still getting used to being the Director of Tourism for the State of Missouri.

I had moved to Jefferson City, the Capital of the "Show Me" State, and I was learning Jeff City was a very small town that centered on government.

My office was still being redecorated and a couch like one I had seen while traveling had just been delivered. It had a corduroy fabric that I really liked.

I had requested that a staff member call the hotel where I had stayed and get the make and model number for me.

The local paper called and asked why I had a bed in my office?

Yes. I was not aware that it was a sleeper-sofa.

Welcome to the fishbowl of political life.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home