Tuesday, August 17, 2010

How 'bout A Balloon Hat?

It was billed as an "Old Fashioned Ice Cream Social".

The residents, staff and families were all invited to have some treats at Sandpiper, my Mom's Nursing & Rehab Center in Mt. Pleasant.

Great turnout.

I guess I didn't expect to see a clown.

He was making balloon animals - and hats - and was a spry funny-face man in baggy trousers with very large floppy shoes.

I quickly figured out his name was "Sam."

Raising my ever-present camera, I saw him start to freeze into a pose.

"No, Sam, ignore me and just be yourself."

And Sam Drummond, a retired former clown with Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus, did what clowns do - he made people laugh.

The ladies and the gentlemen.

The boys and the girls.

And the children of all ages.

Thanks Sam.


[The "best" camera is the one you have with you. A photo opp can happen at any time.]

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home