Saturday, November 20, 2010

Holiday Turkey ..... Vultures

So I stepped out for the paper and heard LOUD flapping of wings.

Huh?

Don't remember seeing turkey vultures (buzzards?) in the neighborhood before.

There were 6 or 7 circling overhead and landing in front of my house.

Yikes. Something dead for sure.

(Yes, their red heads look like the seasonal dinner birds.)



They clustered up in the trees for a while.

After cars drove by, they would drop down for a quick snack.

Passing kids stopped to watch the action and made "caw caw" sounds.

Hey, I have been known to say "moo" out loud when I see a cow.



My cat wanted to go and explore.

I checked first and saw the "road kill" was a large possum.

These birds were bigger than my cat and might want a fresh meal for a change.

I kept him in for a little bit longer.


(Click on the pictures for a larger image. No, I did not take the possum's picture. Roadkill turkey and possum pilaf for the holidays. Thanks for checking this wacky menu.)

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home