Friday, November 16, 2012

Just Skip The Sunset.....

 I had just showed a buddy my version of shooting a sunset.

Yes, a tripod is required.

He wanted my advice and it was a slightly cool evening so we put on jackets and headed out in West Ashley.

I warned him there were very few clouds so I knew the effect would not be spectacular.

Turns out, that was not the problem.

As the sun sank lower, we attached his camera to the tripod and I suggested lens and shutter settings to get him started.

The message on the back of his camera immediately flashed "Replace Batteries."

He answered my query with "No, I don't have any spares. I thought these were good ones."

We tried a few shots with my camera in the fading light.

However, the best way to teach is to have him  do it on his own camera so we packed it in for the night.

And realized we were hungry.

We passed a stunning building  on Sam Rittenberg Boulevard that I believe had just opened and stepped in.

The entire place - inside and out - had been transformed.

I later found out it's by the same people who do Tristan on the Market downtown.

There was extensive use of wood - which I really like - and splashy colors.

My eye went to a whole wall covered with plates, cups and saucers.

Probably some pots and pans as well.

I saw some spoons too.

After admiring the view, I remembered why we had stopped.

We were hungry and thirsty.

A cold craft beer and tasty appetizers (Jerk- rubbed baked chicken wings) got us started.

Then came probably the best Reuben sandwich I've ever had.

The place started filling up and I asked how long they had been opened.

"It's been three weeks, " the smiling and helpful wait person answered.

We had missed a glorious sunset but had found a place I'll go back to when I'm in the area.

Maybe even drive crosstown to sample the delicious food and the delightful surroundings.

(Click on the pictures for more details.)

The chicken wings include both parts so it's like a double order.

Eat more chikken.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Fri Nov 16, 05:29:00 PM , Blogger Paul said...

Well, Chuck, hopefully he learned about keeping extra batteries and checking the charge before going out.

As for this restaurant, I'll have to give it a try. I was on there in West Ashley on Sunday, briefly. Stopped in at Kickin' Chicken and had lunch with a friend. I'll make a return trip to Charleston very soon, perhaps in the next few weeks and we can get together. The next time, I'll be flying solo, so I won't have to worry about entertaining a friend.

 
At Fri Nov 16, 05:48:00 PM , Blogger chuckography said...

Look forward to seeing you again.

Missed you at the downtown Kelby 5th annual World Wide Photo Walk.

 
At Sat Nov 17, 06:09:00 PM , Blogger Paul said...

Didn't make the photo walk. My knee was messed up and it would have been more like a painful photo hobble! :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home