Thursday, October 18, 2012

Red Meat and pink local shrimp.

Thanks Groupon.

And all the other companies that offer you discount dining coupons.

Naturally, I appreciate the quality restaurants who participate and I hope they gain some new customers.

That's the beauty of a BOGO (Buy One Get One free). It's a win-win for everybody.

The bacon-wrapped filet mignon, topped with crab meat and served with fries, was my choice the other night.

Queen Anne's Revenge on Daniel Island is very customer savvy and even offers an "early bird" discount of 20% I saw on their web site.

You would not combine the offers but it's good to know they are keeping an eye on MY bottom line.

Someone had suggested that, unless you want it rare, a thick filet is cooked more evenly if you ask to have the chef  "butterfly" it.

I'll remember that because I'm a medium kind of steak eater.

The appetizer was a nice cold shrimp cocktail.

I saw signs that QAR uses local shrimp and they were firm and tasty.

I'm sure there is a delightful - and sinful - dessert list but I had reached my pleasure level and skipped that treat.

(Click on the pictures for more detail.)

I warn you though...you're going to have a hunger attack.

Have not forgotten I promised some pictures of the Canadian Suspension bridge.

Hang on, they're coming soon.

I stopped to eat.


Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home