Sunday, September 09, 2012

Just Pour It On ...

As part of its 10th anniversary, the Pour House has presented it's annual mural painting contest.

And a whole lot more.

A stellar musical line up for a week of entertainment.

The murals - out front on Maybank Highway - and on the deck.

And a brand new restaurant called The Lot.

The Wednesday night I went there, the energetic sextet Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears filled the room with a happy crowd.

Well, earlier a "Dead" tribute band played on the deck so many probably stuck around.

A 3-piece brass horn section is always a treat.

When a group plays a straight long set - without a break or intermission - you get all the joy without the wait.

I appreciated this even more because my evening had already included a Thai dinner.

And the movie Killer Joe across the street at The Terrace theater.
People think it's easy being retired. The hours sometimes are long but I sleep in the next day.

(Click on the pictures for more detail.)

Go to the club and restaurant and check it out yourself.

You'll enjoy it.

A LOT.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Sun Sep 09, 09:29:00 PM , Blogger Charlestonjoan said...

I've been meaning to stop and take some pictures but haven't done it yet. It is getting to be the colorful spot. I see it when I go to my movie at the Terrace.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home