Sunday, August 26, 2012

Huck's Lowcountry Table....

Some great seared scallops. Tasty!

Years ago,living in Tallahassee, I would take my small boat out into the Gulf of Mexico and pluck fresh scallops.

Pop them from the shell and pan fry the little beauties in butter.

These were about that good at a small upstairs restaurant on the Isle of Palms called Huck's.

I had been there before when it was the One-Eyed Parrot. Still the same great beach view.

The server asked about dessert.

I was thinking "No, you've had a great meal - and an appetizer of crab cakes and fried green tomato - so quit while you're ahead."

But then she suggested ice cream - perhaps some "crunchy Strawberry."

I am so glad I said yes.

Had not really thought of pecan halves before as having a crunch factor.

(Click on the photos - twice - for delicious detail.)

Downstairs from Huck's is the Banana Cabana.

That's the place with the toilet seat hanging on the door to the restrooms.

Signage is important.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Sun Aug 26, 10:00:00 PM , Blogger Charlestonjoan said...

That looks soooo good!

 
At Tue Aug 28, 03:42:00 PM , Blogger Paul said...

Dang, Chuck! That looks soooooooo good. I might have to make a trip south! :)

 
At Tue Aug 28, 03:57:00 PM , Blogger chuckography said...

Thanks Joan and Paul. It WAS a delicious meal in a terrific ocean view setting.
I plan to go back.

 
At Tue Sep 04, 02:21:00 PM , Blogger Kate Dunkin said...

That food looks so amazing Chuck! I came across your blog while I was looking online for Isle of Palms real estate , I'm happy I did because I know my friend would love this. Thank you for sharing this post with us.

 
At Thu Sep 06, 04:42:00 AM , Blogger Eyebee said...

Now I want some of those scallops, and it's only breakfast time here... LOL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home