Wednesday, October 30, 2013

I Don't Photograph ALL my meals...just most.

Sometimes, the picture is better than the food.

Here's a case in point:

Beautifully seared steak. Nice grill cross-hatching. Cooked medium.

Loaded potato and bright green broccoli.

Even a little pizzaz reflection off the steak knife.

Ahh.

The menu wording should have warned me. They bragged about the meat's "marbling."

Er, that means "fat." More than half I cut away and left on the plate. Very little actual steak.

The Manager agreed and took the charge off my bill.

I told my server I WOULD be back... because I liked their Bar-b-q plate.

If you want a good steak, I suppose you should go to a steak house.

If I want a craft beer, I sit at the bar of a place that offers plenty of choices on tap.

I was in Columbia recently and stopped at Flying Saucer. They serve a "flight" of beers: 5 different choices in 5-ounce glasses.

Good way to sample something new.

This was a cool evening so time to check out dark porters and stouts.

Of course I drink dark beer also in the summer.

Just harder to find these heavier Winter beverages.

The hot mustard complemented the two brats on the German Plate.

Mit der sauerkraut und der German-style potato salad.

I have a phone app called "Brewster.com" that lets me keep track of unique beers.

The first time I try a beer it's "unique."

I recall one of the best steaks I've ever had. Yes, it WAS at a steakhouse, not a barbecue place.

Planning to go back again in the next week or so.

It was served barely cooked on a very hot heated stone and continued to sear & cook in front of me.

(Click on the photos for more details.)

Guess you'd miss the sizzle, heat and aroma if you wanted it just rare.

I'll try to avoid a heavily-marbled one there.

Or anywhere.



Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home