Wednesday, April 20, 2011

WHAT? I Can't Hear You....

Here's something most people don't do often.

Well, probably police officers. And members of the military.

I remember qualifying as a Marine with a .45 at Parris Island many, many years ago.

The discount coupon Living Social offered a special shooting package at the ATP Gun Shop & Range in Summerville.

Normally I select B.O.G.O. (Buy One Get One free)deals for restaurants, bars, movies and the like but I DID have a .38 special revolver and it had been years since I had fired it.

The offer included range time, targets, a box of 50 bullets, safety glasses and hearing protectors.

My previous weapon had been a 9 mm semi-automatic that had one small problem. It would occasionally jam.

I bought a less complicated revolver.

With a 5-shot pistol you spend a lot of time reloading.

It had been about 6 years since I had been shooting and I couldn't find my gun cleaning kit when I got home. Hmmm. Not good.

Checking around, I found that K-Mart had dropped all guns and supplies but Wal-Mart still carried what I needed.

It's not over until you police up the brass and clean your weapon.


(Click on the photo for more detail. If you didn't have a gun, they would loan you a S&W or a Glock. These have 10-15 round magazines. Yikes.) Thanks for stopping by.No concealed weapons allowed.

*Note: you unload a gun to clean it. I re-loaded the rounds AFTER the weapon was clean and oiled.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home