Saturday, April 09, 2011

Hey, good buddy, what's your 20?


Do you remember CB radios?

Truck drivers. And then private cars. Citizen Band radios.

"I got your back door" meant the police wouldn't come up from behind and catch you speeding.

Being able to talk between vehicles. Wow.

That got REALLY big in the 70s.... and then, CBs just disappeared.

Now people text or just call each other on cell phones.

I found a set of walkie-talkies I bought years ago.


But, you need two people to make these devices work.

Or, maybe, just you and your cat.

It helps if she's a young kitten and still takes things at face value.

A clicking noise or a familiar voice needs to be examined.

Batter it around and make it be quiet.

My 7-year old cat would first have checked to see if it was food.

He would have ignored this thing and gone back to sleep.

That's a big 10-4. Catch you on the flip flop.


(Click on the photos to see the confused kitty better. I see it as a learning experience for her.)I'm glad you stopped by. Now you know my 10-20.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home