Thursday, September 27, 2007

"Za" Just Got A Lot Closer...

Rivers Avenue in North Charleston used to have two biker bars across the street from each other. Both closed and one became a guitar bar.

Then TJ & Tommy closed and, after months and months of waiting, last night one of our city's finest family-run pizza operations finally opened the doors of its 5th location.

Andolini's, which started on Wentworth Street back when cheese was first invented, has successfully branched out to Folly Road, West Ashley and Mount Pleasant and now has invaded the North. The family also owns the popular Juanita Greenberg's Nacho Royale on King Street.

The building is a calzone throw from Trident Community College and the site was becoming known as a "revolving door" risky business location.

Before American Biker and TJ, there was a period when Henry's - the one from the market area and Mt. Pleasant - had opened as a self-proclaimed upscale classy place...with a dress code. Yes, in North Chuck. No jeans, shorts, t-shirts or flip-flops. It soon closed.

So now I am able to enjoy two unique local pizza places in the North Charleston area, this new one and EVO's on East Montague, off Park Circle.

Smile and say CHEESE.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Sat Sep 29, 12:31:00 AM , Blogger CarolinaDreamz said...

Hi Chuck.

Great info. I'll have to check it out. I haven't had too much luck with places I want to go to eat since I moved to South Carolina. I must admit that I enjoy being a creature of habit and eating out is rather scary.

I tried to make some pizza dough, in the new bread machine, the other night and did really well with the calzone's (and teaching the kids to make their own is a bonus!) but they tasted like stuffed bread to me and not the crusty pizza yum I wanted them to be. They were good. But I love me a calzone more than I love flowers!

I've always said that I'm a "bring me home a calzone and bottled draft rootbeer" and we will get along great kind of girl. Now, bringing home the bottle draft rootbeer has proven rather challenging to me, lately. My local grocery was out of IBC rootbeer and only had diet in another brand of bottled.. very disappointing.. :(

OHHHHHH Have any idea where I can get Otis Spunkmeyer(spelling?) Chocolate Chocolate Chip muffins in a box? My only grocery that carries it is always out. Of course, this was after they teased me with a box, two weeks ago. Chocolate love, I tell ya!

I've been busy working on an upcoming Eagle Project.. fun fun!

Thanks for the yum in the blog. ~Heidi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home