Saturday, September 01, 2007

Baby Boomers and The Internet....

Someone I just met said "you look familiar. Are you somebody famous?"

Since I knew I was a legend (in my own mind) I modestly brushed aside the idea that anyone else would think so. We soon discovered she had seen the article in the Humana national magazine that went to its 800,000 members.

The Summer issue had outlined various ways seniors are using the internet and the section that described my blogging experience included a picture of me at my computer.

I had blogged here before how I was interviewed by phone by a writer in New York and was visited by a local photographer the editors hired to show me "in action" at the keyboard. It was fun being on the other side of the camera for a change.

A cousin I had not seen in 50 years also had contacted me after seeing the article and now we e-mail back and forth. She plans a trip to Charleston the end of the year.

To see Folly Beach again.

(Click on article to enlarge)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Sun Sep 02, 11:14:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a great article and I love the photo. Congrats again!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home