Wednesday, September 05, 2007

An "H" Season Suggestion...


My buddy just bought his apartment when it turned condo then ripped out the carpets, had tile, marble and hardwood floor installed and totally redecorated the place with all new furniture. Whew.

His new 5 foot hang-on-the-wall plasma TV just arrived so now he is ready for me to bring over my digital camera and document everything for insurance purposes. Well, duh. I had not done that for my own house so I did. All day yesterday.

I even took a picture of the digital camera. Used a mirror, set it on a tiny tripod and pressed the timer. Of course, it shows I was using a "nonaC" camera.

To be complete, I charged up the batteries and dusted off my digital video camcorder and taped a walk through the house, each room, from front to back, zooming in for details on important items. I went outside and opened the doors of the shed that houses the riding mower and gas generator. I remembered to include the claw foot tub that is stored downstairs after a bath remodeling project. Those guys worked hard!

I'll store MY disc at his house and HIS will be kept here. Sure beats writing it all down.

I'll have to explain there is only ONE orange striped cat regardless of how many times he shows up in the photographic record. Wonder if Wally Jr. is covered with Total Cat Replacement?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Sun Sep 09, 03:28:00 PM , Blogger CarolinaDreamz said...

OH I need to do this again. I haven't done it since I lived in Florida and had to run from many Hurricanes.

I'd even go as far as to use a disposable camera, if one did not have a digital, and take photos of everything, as you prepare to leave, if you must evacuate. You can develop it later..

I have eight zillion books and they are really necessary to our every day.. that will be such a pain to photograph. One time, I photocopied the covers.. what a job.

 
At Sun Sep 09, 05:18:00 PM , Blogger chucker said...

Using a digital camera means being able to look at what you have but NOT having to print any; erase and re-shoot till you have what you want and a CD disc is easy to store.

My first digital camera cost $500, the latest - twice as good - was only $299.

I feel digital beats film for insurance purposes!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home