Saturday, March 09, 2013

Very close to the target of 100,000 hits!

Now that I am within 50 of rolling past the 100,000 mark of people making "hits" on my blog, I want to do this "weekender" entry.

Funny how when you're thinking "silhouette" everything that's back-lighted grabs your attention.

Technically, this is just a shady oak tree early on a Saturday morning.

It casts nice shadows.

Even the retention pond that holds rain waste water looks attractive.

The "fountain" keeps scum from forming by keeping the pond water in motion.

I'll add this photo to next week's Show & Tell at my Photography Group monthly meeting.

Continuing this weekend posting, here's the lovely lead singer Young-Mi Feldsott of the Old You quartet.

Saw them perform last night at Home Team BBQ at Sullivan's Island.

If you look closely, you can see that's a photo of Muddy Waters hanging on the wall behind her.

Tried to get a shot like this last week when Muddy's son Big Bill Morganfield was playing.

Unfortunately, he wore a fedora-type hat that kept his face in shadow so that did not work out.

She announced they are leaving for Colorado in the morning to start a month-long tour. In a brand new van that was parked out front.

Ms. Feldsott said it was their 3rd vehicle but added no details on where the other two are. Hmm.

(I just checked and there are still 22 hits to go to reach the 100,000 target. Come on people, click in.)

Well, while we're just marking time, here's another shot of Old You showing lead guitarist Caleb Bodtorf.

Caleb reminded me of my Hippie Days back in the 1960s.

Mainly his long hair partially tucked back behind his ears.

Not that my hair was ever THAT long.

I started college after four years in the Marines. My hair was REALLY short by campus standards.

The menu at Brixx in Mt. Pleasant describes this sandwich as "roasted chicken club." 

It casually adds "served on toasted focaccia."

Man, that's a LOT of bread.

The usual hunk of chicken breast is replaced by a creamy shaved chicken.

And strips of bacon of course.

The fruit cup of melon probably was the healthiest part of the meal.

That pretty well covers what I've been up to the last few days. 


Food, music and snapping photos with the Canon sx260 camera I usually have with me.

Someone - actually quite a few -  asked me how do people find my blog? 

One way is they type in a subject matter or a  person's name.

Back in June 2008, I was fortunate to be in the front row center for a ZZ Top concert.

Cameras were NOT barred and I posted some remarkable shots of the trio that had - at that point- been together for almost 40 years.

The ZZ Top hits on my blog kept coming. Month after month. Year after year. 


When I checked online, I saw my blog came up FIRST with my photos of them. Maybe still does. 

I would not be surprised if the hit that takes me over the top will be someone looking for the long-bearded guys. 

The drummer has never worn a beard but his name is Frank Beard. Cool huh?

(Click on the photos to see more detail.)

Keep in mind, it's only been recently that I have a camera with a 20x optical zoom. 

For the last 10 years, my P/S (Point & Shoot) small Canon cameras had only a 3x zoom lenses. 

I tried to get as close as possible. Last night I was able to "zoom in" for some nice facial expressions of the Old You singer.

OK, closing out here. 

I'll take another look at my tracking program to see if we've rolled over the target number.

(*My 100,000th hit was received this evening at 21:51:36 from someone in Pompano Beach, Florida. Wow.)





Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Sun Mar 10, 10:16:00 AM , Blogger Charlestonjoan said...

Congrats on the 100,000 landmark!

 
At Tue Mar 12, 03:02:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the photo of the tree. I always appreciate it when people can capture the light, especially that elusive glow of a September morning or the sun coming through the leaves. (Cathy)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home