Sunday, May 27, 2012

"Hi, Tech, how ya doin'?"

Oh, I do try to keep up with the new developments.

I know about Social Media.

But, I chose NOT to buy any Facebook IPO stock so I don't expect a refund.

I've carried my Smartphone (entry level) for about a year now.

I just bought a Kindle.

The top-of-the-line Fire model. Yikes.

The iPad is awesome but too large for me to tote around.

First thing I saw was the Kindle would easily fit in the pocket of my cargo pants.

Hey, my Netbook doesn't and it stays at home.

I realize I am still on the ground floor of tech world gadgets. They are still evolving. New models with newer features pop up every day.

But I am enjoying myself here and now.

I also belong to Paper Back Book Swap, which does as it sounds: I list books I have and fellow members pick one and I mail it out. I receive one point.
I look over the books available and use that point I earned to have it sent to me.

So far I have exchanged nearly 90 ink-on-paper books. Paper backs and hard cover.

Right now, there are about 8-10 books waiting in stacks for me to read.

Probably not going to download too many books to my Kindle at this point.

Fortunately, it's much more than just an e-reader.

(Click on the photo for more details.)

The photo of the Kindle was downloaded from the internet so may not appear much larger.

Usually my photos are large files but not always.

Still learning this high tech stuff.

Thanks for stopping by.

Tell me about YOUR newest device.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Tue May 29, 09:27:00 PM , Blogger Kate said...

My high tech stuff in addition to my computers are almost non-existent: one small cellphone which is quite adequate...does a digital camera count? My favorite is a laminated library card. Can't quite make the leap to a kindle, even tho ebooks are becoming increasingly available at libraries. When I got my MacAir I just was not interested in the iPad. I may try an iPhone, tho. Debating it. I am very interested in you Paper Back swap link!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home