Wednesday, May 02, 2012

The Voices Said To buy it.....

Stopped at Wal-Mart to pick up a few items.

I was tempted to buy quite a few more.

Wasn't even thinking about noodles.

Or Campbell's Soup.

Just came into my head.

Then I realized a lady at the end of the aisle was talking about these things.

Not a customer. A small tv monitor.

I had not been in the North Charleston store on Rivers Avenue in a while, so she was new to me.

She wasn't alone.

I looked up in the pharmacy section and I was being reminded that it was allergy season.

And shampoo was on sale.

That the pharmacists were eager to answer my questions.

I didn't have any prescription questions. Nor need any refills.

But some throat lozenges would be a good thing to get.

My throat was starting to feel scratchy.

Cough. Cough.

Over in the meat area, I saw the BIG monitor.

I looked closer and think it can be adjusted to offer a horizontal picture or vertical as it was right now.

Versatile.

We finally get someone to believe that commercials are broadcast louder than the show we're watching.

Now we are being hit with slick television-type ads in the grocery store. Sheesh.

I didn't mind the little discount coupon dispensers along the aisle.

They had a small flashing light to catch my attention.

But, they didn't talk to me.

(Click on the pictures for more detail.)

That's my first experience with Sam Walton's "in-your-eye-and-ear" marketing.

I doubt it'll be the last.

Sell like it's 1984.

(I know it should be "as if" instead of "like." I'm an English major.)

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home