Sunday, April 08, 2012

My Pre-Easter "Sunrise Service."

So, I was at the Grand Canyon, waiting for the sun to come up.

It did.

And I took pictures.

It was Good Friday morning - not Easter - but I was part of a pretty slick "sunrise service."

It was awesome.
After the sun peeped over the horizon, the golden light slowly "flowed" into the dark canyons.

It began to illuminate the stunning array of limestone colors.

It was worth getting up at 5:00am.

And stumbling in the moonlight down to the tram stop to catch the Sunrise Shuttle.

The National Park Service offers these vistas every day.

My buddy had gone online to snag a South Rim Kachina Lodge room and we had watched the sun settle slowly in the west the day before.

This is the fantastic view from the room.

We hopped on an electric-powered NPS bus to go to a great scenic overview.

Yes, it was called the "Sunset Special."

Actually there are several excellent photography spots and the driver made helpful suggestions as he assured us we would arrive in plenty of time.

My brand new $10 National Park Senior Pass meant I avoided having to pay the $25 entrance fee.

(Please click on the photos for more details.)

My Canon S90 came through again to capture some lifetime memories.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home