Friday, April 27, 2012

Dirty Bourbon River Show? THAT's the name?

Last Sunday was Earth Day so I went to Tin Roof to hear some New Orleans-style music.

Boy Howdy!

One reviewer described the Dirty Bourbon River Show as "whiskey-soaked French Quarter back alley sounds."

I'd go along with that.

Here's the leader of the band Noah Adams working his trumpet in the crowd.

Not that he was a one-man band.

He had a stage full of talented sidemen that knew what they were doing.

I wonder if all tuba players also do great on bass?

And vice versa?

Damon "Tuba Gooding Jr" Bryson in The ROOTS, house band on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on NBC, has not picked up a bass that I can recall.



I saw Noah with his squeeze box and at the keyboard.

Also guitar, tambourine and, probably, the kitchen sink.

It was a wonderful way to celebrate Earth Day.

Oh, did I mention Tin Roof served a beer called "Ten Fiddy?"

Yes, it's a high gravity beer with - big surprise - a 10.5 ABV.

(Click on the pictures for more details.)

It's a good idea to go easy on 10.5 high gravity beers.

Moderation and responsibility go hand in hand.

I stopped drinking bourbon many, many years ago.

Dirty or otherwise.

Thanks for stopping by. Come again.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home