Thursday, January 29, 2009

In Pursuit Of Trivia....

So, it's official... I am now the LAST person in Charleston to finally go to a Trivia Night.

Sesame, in North Charleston near Park Circle, has Trivia Q&A on Wednesdays and my buddy and I were lucky to get the last two seats at the bar.

Many regulars filled the room - large competing teams - gathered around the tables.

Bill Davis, a 5-year veteran leader of such nights, explained the rules for the 2-hour entertainment/competition. The teams tried to answer the questions but his comments were hilarious and had the crowd laughing out loud all evening.(Yes, I HAVE altered the faces because I didn't ask everyone there if they wanted to be on my blog. I hope this "protects the innocent.")

Mr. Davis explained he was doing another Trivia Event downtown after his 2-hours here. He also does 2 clubs on Tuesdays, one on Thursday and one on Friday.

Smart and VERY humorous, he admitted he does have a day job.

Here's the best part: even though we were only two pitted against much larger teams, we tied for 2nd place.

My partner won the instant death face-off with the other team's rep by correctly guessing the birth year for Sean Penn. It was 1960. Glad he took the challenge as I would have pegged Mr. Penn a bit older.

Hey, the certificate paid for the Boddingtons we drank that night.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Thu Jan 29, 10:21:00 PM , Blogger Paula Roberts said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I love how you altered their faces. As if this were some "underground" illegal trivia speak-easy! Haha! I am going to have to look this guy up next time we are there!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home