Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Neighbors Are Starting To Talk....

Just had the 11th monthly meeting of my local Photographers Group. We have 101 members.

Usually there's a photo theme and December was "HEAT." Yes, I had a few ideas.

This "Texas Pete" shot is hot...but not really as warm as it seems. The cap is still tightly screwed in place. I used PhotoShop to remove the lid, create the falling sauce and the "sizzling puddle" on my tongue. It took a while to get the framing right.

The camera was set on a tripod out back on my deck and I used the timer for about 30 shots as I posed where I thought I should be. I sprinkled water on my face before each shot for "sweat" and clamped my eyes shut.

The family that lives behind me saw about 25 attempts. With the capped bottle.

I used to drive a 1971 VW Super Beetle but this was the closest I had for the "overheated" photo.

I emailed a copy to my brother, pretty proud of the way it turned out.

He called and said "You ARE aware that the VW engine is air cooled - and it is in the back?"

Wait till he talks with the neighbors.


(As usual, just click on the photos to see more details.)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home