Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Grand Moment In History....

My younger brother reminded me he was in Washington for the John F. Kennedy inauguration. As we can see from his snapshot, he stood in a great spot.

It was the Senior trip for his class from Bishop England high school.

The bad news is he lost his new class ring while throwing snowballs.

I was fortunate to have been in D.C. for the Jimmy Carter ceremonies and, during my time as a newspaper staff photographer, I took pictures of Kennedy and LBJ.

I see a definite Democratic Party trend here.

But, here's the odd part: last year I was visiting in the District of Columbia and went to the exact spot where my brother believes he lost his ring 48 years ago.

There was no snow this time.

There also was no trace of his ring either.

(Take a look at the "fins" on those cars!)

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home