Sunday, March 16, 2008

Home Team BBQ Good Blues Venue

When Cumberland's closed last December, it ended a long run for a fine music venue, but Fiery Ron's Home Team BBQ in West Ashley already was in place to help fill the gap.

Actually there are more "blues" acts being booked there than had appeared downtown.

Last night the band
Delta Highway
was in town again from Memphis, TN and pleased a soggy crowd drying out after the Saturday storm had rolled though.

Lead singer and harpist Brandon Santini, caught everyone's attention when he sang "I like chick'n and I like grits..I like my wimmen with big ..eyes."

They did three hard driving sets and Brandon mentioned - a few times - they had several "records for sale." Somehow, I don't think he meant vinyl.

They'll be back again so race up the on ramp of Delta Highway for some rollicking good blues.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Fri Mar 21, 11:53:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like my women with big...(eyes) too...Boobalicious !!...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home