Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hands Up Everybody!!


A buddy accepted a new job down in Florida and I was invited to his going-away party.

It was a nice new bar on Upper King Street that I didn't know.

We were standing around drinking and laughing and, out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a man with a gun... a shotgun!

I turned, smoothly taking my camera out of my pocket and quietly flicking the "on" button. Old newspaper staff photographers never lose that instinct to get the picture! Capture it on film, er, I mean, digital.

Snapping the shutter fast a few times, I quickly realized it was a bunch of guys playing a coin-operated game.


Guns in a bar. Great concept.

At least I had not shouted "Everybody get down!"

Then I looked around the bar a little closer and realized this was a young crowd - much younger than I normally see in bars and clubs I go to. Obviously this was close enough to campus that I was in with a college crowd.

Personally, I would probably "card" everyone in this booth.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home