Thursday, March 13, 2008

That's Almost 9 Lifetimes...


My mother celebrated her 92nd birthday last week.

About 25 friends joined her for a party, complete with creamy slices of birthday cake. It was a good time.

Yesterday a thick packet arrived from the Divine Redeemer School filled with handmade cards from 5th graders who have been sending her good wishes on holidays and special events.

I guess they're probably aged 11 or so and caring and creative... and VERY talented.

The drawings are delightful and the messages anything but trite."I hope you have a safe birthday. Have FUN!" said Veronica. "Hope all your wishes come true" adds Danielle.

Max noted "Another year has come and gone." Austin hopes Mom has "a good one."

James wished Mom "..a grand old time and a spectacular B. Day." Holly wrote "Hope you have the best birthday ever." Rina said "May your special day be filled with joy and happiness. May God bless you."

This is the same group of kids who sent her Autumn good wishes with one card that hoped she would "Have a great fall."

We still chuckle over that one.

(Click on cards for colorful details)

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Thu Mar 13, 10:22:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Have a great fall" - I love that! Happy birthday to your mother!

Chuck, I just wanted to tell you that I had such a great time at the Meetup Wednesday night. It was so nice to talk to people about a common interest.

I especially loved seeing your photographs! I'd just like to say... "Wow"! I can't wait to see more. I think my favorite (if I HAD to choose) is QUIET. I love photos like that, especially when I can hear the stories behind them. What month/year/issue of Life Magazine was that printed in? Just curious!

Thanks again for organizing the Meetup group. Can't wait until the next one!

 
At Fri Mar 14, 03:32:00 AM , Blogger Windviel said...

Many happy returns to your mother, Chuck.

We're hope she has a great Spring and NO falls.

 
At Fri Mar 14, 01:00:00 PM , Blogger chucker said...

Thanks Samantha,

The Photography Group IS a lot of fun. My "Quiet" photo ran a full-page in LIFE magazine July 10, 1964.

I was paid $300 when LIFE's annual subscription cost $6.75.

You keep submitting and I have a small stack of encouraging rejection slips.

 
At Fri Mar 14, 01:24:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Chuck,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your lovely mom!

Harriet

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home