Thursday, June 05, 2014

BIG...but becoming smaller...news

The kitty looked but did NOT see any Kibble.

But, what a load of strange food!

Erm, actually, it's a lot of "healthy" food according to the Mayo Clinic Diet guidelines.

Some mentioned the Atkins Diet when I said I wanted to lose some weight and stay healthy.

I listened to my doctor who instead suggested I give this one a serious try.

He wanted me to be especially aware of my blood sugar figures. Had just received a "warning" that I was headed up - the wrong direction.

So I printed out the start-up diet menu and realized I had very few of the items suggested. Yikes.

Sweet rolls? Hmmm..not on the list.

Cheese crackers with peanut butter? Nope.

Trail Mix with M & M's?

You're kidding..not on the menu?

Had run out of potato chips and pretzels.

Hey, but I have eggs.

Eggs were all over the page of items to eat for the first two weeks.

Almost three times a day.

High in protein but no sugar.

I guess that's why it's the basis of the 2-week regimen they say could help me drop 20 pounds.

On the very first day I got to have toast!

Well, along with the two eggs that show up on my plate a lot.

The diet also has coffee or tea included so that would be the caffeine I suppose.

That was a single piece of plain toast.

Later, I read, butter can be added because it's better for you than margarine.

Humph.

I started using light butter a while back, made with canola oil. Turns out, that's exactly what I want.

My butter has zero carbs but also zero proteins.

Next slice of toast is only three days away.
I knew spinach was a healthy food.

Apparently the doctors at Mayo agree.

I was thinking maybe making a large spinach salad, with a pile of croutons, a sliced hard-boiled egg, handful of walnuts, bacon bits and a tomato cut into hunks.

Oh, and a breaded chicken breast.

There's some healthy stuff in there
but I just reached for a can of spinach.

After I finished, I read the label and saw that a can has THREE servings. Who knew?

I have pictures of the dial on my bathroom scale on Day One and today's weigh-in.

I'm actually proud to document that, since Friday night, I have dropped 10 pounds!

(Click on the photos for delicious detail.)

Tomorrow's dinner is ALL the steak I want. YES!

I bought a Kansas City Strip steak to go with the pickles,celery and tomatoes.

And a cup of coffee.

Here's the menu for the 2-week intro portion Mayo calls "Lose It." 
After that, many more sensible choices called "Live It."

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Tue Jun 10, 12:56:00 PM , Blogger Rick said...

I laughed all the way through this.
Thanks for the morning chuckle.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home