Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"Poster Boy" for the Blues...

Sure, I saw the poster when I came in.

I knew Charlie was playing that night so I just gave it a cursory glance.

Good crowd at Home Team on Sullivan's Island for a Tuesday.

Didn't really know what to expect on a "school night" when people had to get up and go to work the next day.

Well...not ALL of us still do that.

Being retired is good especially if you go to late night events.

I've been to the Music Farm on a Sunday when the main band didn't even take the stage until midnight. Yikes! And I was still working back then.

Anyway, Charlie was to play at the West Ashley Home Team the next night on Wednesday so I was sure there was another poster around.

I took a closer look and said "Duh. Wait a minit..that's MY picture of Charlie."

Yes, it was back on July 13, 2010 when I saw him for the second time.

I remembered how he lurched around the stage a lot in constant motion and would weave back and forth, in and out of the spotlight. Tough to photograph.

But I had caught him at a "peak action" moment and liked how it had turned out.

So I sent a copy to Gary Erwin, the blues producer who had booked him into Charleston.

Gary agreed it was a good one and sent it on to Charlie.

As they say...the rest is musical history.

My first poster art.


(Click on the photo for more detail. I added a Photoshop filter to my shot to accentuate the grainy, artistic effect but the action is what stands out. Oh, and his music!) Thanks for stopping by. Support live music..go to a late night show.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home