Friday, June 08, 2007

A Vacation from Retirement?


The 8th of June.

It has been three years since I retired from The Post and Courier and I have enjoyed every day!

I started blogging about a year ago and that's been a terrific way to go back and relive my life - elevating the high points and somehow NOT dwelling on low periods.

The difficulty is finding a word that describes taking a break ...from taking it easy. How can you "vacation" when you are not working 9-5? I mean, everyday is Friday afternoon with the weekend stretching out in front of you.

This is NOT a complaint. Most of my blog postings are not about finding fault. They usually are shared thoughts about something positive or unusual that might be of interest to others. At least I hope so.

Let me lie back and think about that as I recover from my latest "vacation."

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At Fri Jun 08, 09:44:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in the same boat, Chuck. Last week when I broke a bone in my foot the doctor told me to take it easy for the next few weeks. My daughter said, "But that's all you ever do."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home