Wednesday, May 02, 2007

A GREAT Way To Celebrate A Birthday...


Now that everyone (well, those who read this blog) saw my old college student ID card, you know I just had a birthday.

It's at the end of April so I'm a Taurus. It's my 68th.

Hopefully many, many more to come!

Growing up on Society Street in Ansonborough, we had an unusual family tradition of borrowing a camera to take snapshots of birthdays and other important events across the street "in front of Mrs. O'Rourke's house." There are no photos of OUR house or our backyard.

See, across the street, the sunlight would shine over my Mom's left shoulder ...just as Kodak suggested.

Or with the sun directly overhead so your face was mostly in shadow.

We had a lot to learn about photography and, getting our own camera would be the first step.

But, this posting is about my birthday and a suggestion on how to celebrate your birthday so others can enjoy it for a long, long time.

In honor of my turning 68, I sat down with a Funeral Director and planned my funeral. We even wrote an obit.

My children will not have to make these decisions at a sad time and I bought it with today's dollars. The funeral is all paid for and I can cross that off the list of "things to do before I die."

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Wed May 02, 06:46:00 PM , Blogger JanetLee said...

Happy Birthday! I wonder if you knew any of the Nimitz girls from Wentworth Street. My grandfather, Kramer Nimitz, taught math at Charleston High for many years.

 
At Wed May 02, 10:52:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Chucker! Many more. Love the picture. You probably know the P & C is looking for folks who have Charleston photos.

 
At Thu May 03, 10:00:00 AM , Blogger Sunnie (Kaytee) said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Chuck. Mine was the end of April too. The VERY end. LOL

 
At Fri May 04, 12:01:00 PM , Blogger chucker said...

Janet: Sorry I was either too young or had moved away but I don't remember the Nimitz girls.

Joan, my favorite shot I submitted is my Mom - about 17 - standing in front of a model T Ford on Marion Square, looking like Bonnie without Clyde.

And without a gun.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home