Thursday, January 25, 2007

Charlie Missed The Party.

A while back I was talking about when I was with CBS Television News covering the Charlie Manson murder case in Los Angeles and a Halloween Party the press corps held during the trial.

It was mentioned there was a photo of me "drunk with a lady reporter on my lap." I believe the attached photo shows just how much truth there was to THAT rumor.

If you look closely, you can see the handcuffs on my right wrist and, yes, those are 70s hippie striped bell bottom pants. I had blocked that from my memory completely.


One of the reporters sent me a CD with clippings from the trial and some pictures from the party so it was a memory jogger for sure.

The surprising thing about the overall group shot was that the prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi (far left) came to the party and posed along with one of Manson's lawyers, a bearded Ron Hughes who later died before the trial ended.

The 3 lady reporters all came as members of "the family" and wore black t-shirts and had crosses painted on their forehead. The actual ladies who picketed outside the L.A. Hall of Justice each day had carved the image on themselves.

I am glad to put to rest that old, old rumor about my alleged behavior at the party.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At Sun Jan 28, 07:22:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooooh, I don't know. She looks like she is on your lap to me :)

 
At Fri Aug 21, 10:37:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Fri Aug 21, 10:37:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Chuck can you post up the other photos from the party ?

 
At Fri Aug 21, 10:37:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Wed Aug 26, 07:10:00 PM , Blogger chuckography said...

Sorry Gary, this photo is it. That WAS a long time ago. LOL. Did you attend?

 
At Wed Oct 13, 11:40:00 PM , Blogger just a guy said...

Quite fitting that that sign is right over Vince. Yes in deed...

 
At Fri Oct 15, 08:36:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I don't fault Ron Hughes for being there at all. Guy could definitely use the free food/booze
But Bugliosi being there......wtf man???
Really?
Wouldn't surprise me if the Weasley bastard was behind the damn thing

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home