Monday, January 22, 2007

A Preview Beats Hindsight....

Yeah, I don't have to show up at a job each day so I do go to a LOT of live music concerts.

Here was a Savannah Surprise... John Mellencamp chose to kick off his national tour last year here in the Civic Center and it was quite a production.

He has lots of friends in town - and maybe even owns a house - so I guess that's why he picked to start his tour down in Charleston Light.

But that's talking about a show that left here and went on the road. I prefer to see a review of somebody that I STILL can go and see. Don't just tell me "too bad, you missed a great evening."

Catch Drink Small, a SC blues legend I enjoyed one night at Cumberland's a few months ago. He'll be playing locally during February's Blues Bash so check out which venue and when.

Here's another star coming back to Charleston after being away a while....Keb' Mo' will be onstage at the Charleston Music Hall March 6.

He played outdoors in Columbia at the 3 Rivers Music Festival a few years ago.

Tickets are on sale right now through ETix so join me up front, close to the stage, for some fine entertainment.

Hope you got your tickets long ago for the Lyle Lovett Show this coming Friday and you'd better scramble if you want to see Delbert McClinton at The Plex Saturday February 3. He hasn't been here in a while.

It's an easy drive to Columbia on Valentine's Day for Billy Joel and that city already has banned indoor smoking so that adds to my enjoyment.

Man! This sure beats working.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home