Thursday, January 04, 2007

WOW! A view seen by very few....

A buddy of mine who knows I am a certified "Space Nut" was kind enough to knock my socks off this morning by sending the attached.

These are views from one of the security jet aircraft flying around the launch site to keep curious people from wandering in too close.

A Great seat! At first I thought it was from the Space Station circling above our globe but THAT is much higher.

I am sure this was not just a coincidence ...the scientists calculated how to make this photo op convergence happen. I also know the last launch was at night so obviously this is an earlier one. (Duh. There's also a date stamp on the photo which helped me figure out which launch this was.)



He also sent the next shot as the launched shuttle rose higher and the security perimeter jets came even closer.

Sometimes it's good that your friends know some of your quirks, likes and dislikes.

Now I will put my socks back on.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Fri Jan 05, 05:52:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow -- fantastic shots!!! Thanks for reposting these! :) Looking forward to Madra Rua as well!

 
At Wed Jan 17, 06:04:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's pretty sweet!

 
At Wed Jan 17, 12:52:00 PM , Blogger chucker said...

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed the high altitude view. However, it was pointed out on snopes.com that while the photo was real, it was taken from one of the chase planes and NOT from the International Space Station.

At the time I thought it seemed pretty close to earth but I didn't question the shot.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home