Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sometime, you want just HALF a beer...


Here's a place that gives you LOTS of options.

Not just on what beer to drink...but, also how much.

Ever try to order half a beer.

The 5-week old Bay Street Biergarten wants to save you the time and expense of flying to Germany for a beer with atmosphere.

Good job!

It was a bit too brisk to sit outside but the place was hopping inside.

(Catch the beer reference to "hops?")

Later, I saw some of the Sunday crowd had ventured outside.

Right after the space heaters were lighted.

The former seafood restaurant had been completely changed from what I remembered.

The attention to detail was extraordinary.

As was the opportunity to pour your own beer from the many taps.

You pay by the ounce, using a prepaid card that keeps track of your beverages in the Garten.

There are community tables - memories of Munich and those fun-lovin' Bavarians - as well as booths with their own taps and servers who know their product.

You are reminded often of why you are there.

But I already knew.

A fellow photographer - a member of my Photography Group - had suggested we meet downtown.

I mentioned the BSB and he remarked he had lived in Germany for six months.

So naturally we pulled up stools and listened as the server explained how it all worked.

My prepaid card will be recognized the next time I check in, showing the balance in my account.


As they say on their website, it's also about the food.

I was thinking sausages and German potato salad, which is clearly on the menu. But...

They had me at chicken and waffles with a side of fresh fruit.

The chef outdid himself with this tasty, multi-textured brunch delight.

And, yes, I had a small craft beer with the meal.

A young lady sitting next to me at the large communal table asked for a Bud Light.

In Germany, that would be an import.

(Click on the photos for taste-tempting details.)

Winter will make a brief visit and I'll probably try sitting outside my next time.

Out in ze garten.







Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Tue Nov 26, 06:28:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with you. This post is truly inspiring. I like your post and everything you share with us is current and very informative, I want to bookmark the page so I can return here from you that you have done a fantastic job.

Web Designing Karachi

 
At Wed May 28, 05:45:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting to read this article.I would like to thank you for the efforts you had made for writing this awesome article. White Label SEO

 
At Tue Jul 29, 01:10:00 PM , Blogger chuckography said...

Hmmm. I suspect these two comments are by self-serving bots.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home