Friday, November 15, 2013

"Hole" today...gone tomorrow.

You may recall I have my AC and heating system checked every six months.

The company that installed it 13 years ago has kept it running smoothly.

"You can't stop a Trane," is their slogan.

The same tech climbed up into the attic the last several visits as well as checking the large unit outside.

This time, his foot slipped and punched a hole in my ceiling.

Seems the company has a ceiling repair guy on call (on their speed dial?) and he came by last weekend.

He had a young "helper" with him to do the first of a 2-step repair.

Six-year old Grandson Tyler was well behaved. He even fetched small items when Grandpa asked him.

I had placed my cat in a back bedroom so the pet was no problem.

"That drop cloth costs nearly $100," I was told. "It has a rubber backing so even a gallon of paint spilled would not soak through," added the repair man.

There was no paint involved in this job so I took him at his word.

He had draped a light plastic cover over my counter top so no dust or particles landed there. A neat man.

My dad would have appreciated that even more.

He drew a square around the hole, cut it out, removed the broken pieces and cut a replacement piece of wall board.

He added nail-to pieces of wood inside the opening then screwed the new piece into place.

He scraped away some of  the "popcorn" ceiling around the patch then taped and used "mud" to blend it in.

I am terrible with tape and mud so I admire his work.

Apparently his use by the HVAC company is pretty steady.

He is coming by tomorrow to sand things smooth.

Then he'll fashion a protective plastic tent and spray "popcorn" material onto the finished job.

The guarantee is either it matches perfectly or he'll spray the entire ceiling.

Sounds fair to me.

The other night we had a drop in temps preceded by a stiff wind.

As the fierce wind blew, I happened to be driving on Savannah Highway near Rick Hendrick Chevrolet.

As you've seen, they fly a VERY large flag but usually it hangs down in a drape caused by the sheer weight of the material.

It was pointed straight out the night I pulled over to grab a shot.

When I visited Baltimore a few years ago, I was impressed with the Ft. McHenry flag that inspired the writing of our national anthem.

The original 15-stars, 15-stripes flag was a whopping 30 feet high and 42 feet across!

The defenders of the fort said they wanted it big enough that the 1814 invading British would see it.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home