Sunday, November 17, 2013

Music In The Hanahan Park

The Hanahan Amphitheater is the  newest outdoor music venue in the area.

With a fantastic Lowcountry stage backdrop. Wow!

Michael Davis and his band "9 Iron" helped open the new park Saturday during Hanahan's Red, White & Blue Fall Festival.

The Park is located near Trident Tech behind the Senior Center at 3100 Mabeline Drive.

The new structure is Phase 2 in the Park development.

I stopped by pretty late but the weather had been great all day.

Happy, smiling vendors of arts, crafts, food and beverage were packing up when I got there.

I spoke to several who said the crowds were good and stayed steady all day.

That's always a good sign - happy booth people.

Later I saw what looked like a full moon rising.

That would have added even more "awesome-ness" to the scene.

I had had my own "phase 2" earlier when the hole in my kitchen ceiling disappeared for good.

The repair guy - Dan Murray - sprayed the "popcorn" texture on the sturdy patch he had made the week before.

It looked good to him so he applied one more coat of "mud" and dried it with a heavy duty hair dryer.

Meanwhile, his helper taped off areas we did not want to coat, and used a large piece of cardboard to further protect from overspray.

Again, before they started, the drop cloth was in place and light clear plastic covered the counter tops and cabinet fronts.

The curious cat was in a back bedroom...with food, water and a litter box.

Can you imagine a scared cat scurrying around underfoot during the spraying process? Yikes.

O.K. The ceiling looks good again and the frisky cat is free to roam.

We have a new place in town to go to for outdoor music.

Hmmmm.

This is the 699th posting for my blog.

CHUCKOGRAPHY  will be 8 years old on March 29, 2014,

For an important posting number in the timeline, I need to have an excellent 700th entry.

I have something in mind.

(Click on the photos for more details.)

Thank you for stopping by to see what's new in my house and in my life.

Come again.







Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home