Monday, July 16, 2012

Almost ready to harvest...

So, apparently, I bought a Roma tomato plant.

Couldn't be better for my needs.

They're smaller so I'll use several at a time.

There also are a LOT of them.

Whenever friends drop by, I ask them to look at my hanging upside down plant.

All have agreed these are not going to get fat and round.

I think they look like Christmas tree lights.

Green.Yellow.

Orange. And now, finally, red.

I went online and saw they have to soften a bit after they turn red before I collect my crop.


I have bacon and bread and mayonnaise.

How long does it take for lettuce to grow?

Guess I should have started all at once to make a perfect BLT.

(Oh sure, click on the photos - twice - to see more details.)

Mother Nature and I have worked well together on this front porch project.

Each morning as I water the plant, I search for leaves that "look funny" and pick them off.

No bug sprays or insecticides.

I like my 'maters fresh and natural.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Tue Jul 17, 08:19:00 PM , Blogger Suzie said...

Hi, Chuck!

My husband has some romas growing too. I prefer his early girls but beggers can't be chosers, right?

BTW, we started a photo club at work. We meet at lunch and plan an outing each month. Last month it was the farmer's market at Park Circle. Lots around there - it was fun. We actually have about 20 people coming to the meetings. I am loving it!

Have a good one - Suzie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home