Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Where In The World.........?


Yikes. This blog is five years old.

I've done 404 postings.

There have been about 47,000 "hits" from all over the world.

(A "hit" is someone who has opened my blog and looked around.)

So far, visitors have come from all 50 states, two U.S. territories (Guam & Puerto Rico) and 132 other countries.

Being a typical American, I have to click on Google to locate most of the new countries. It has been quite a satisfying geography lesson.

Back in the 1970s, while subscribed to National Geographic magazine, I received a leather bound divided binder with some interesting maps tucked inside.

Many countries have come and gone since then.

But Google keeps me up to date when I see hits scattered around China, Brazil, Korea, Malaysia, The Russian Federation, India, Bangkok, Kuwait or the Congo.

Sofia, Bulgaria; Minsk, Belarus; Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam; Tiszakanyar, Hungary and Dopohol, Romania all have looked me over.

It really gets strange when I see my blog in a foreign language. Now, THAT warrants another "Yikes."


(Click on the globes for more details.) I took Latin for 4 years at BEHS but don't really speak other languages. Thanks for dropping in to visit. Danke or gracias.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Thu Apr 07, 01:47:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Isn't it interesting to track the readers? I glance at the list of locations of my blog's readers and often wonder exactly what pulls a person to the site for the first time. Then, of course, I wonder if there's enough there to bring the person back a second or third time. And, finally, I wonder what difference it makes. I really blog for personal satisfaction (I think.)

 
At Thu Apr 07, 08:01:00 PM , Blogger chuckography said...

Sherry, you nailed it. If I had zero readers, I'd still be blogging. Knowing people around the world have taken a look is really just a huge bonus. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home