Tuesday, February 10, 2009

In The Eye Of The Beholder....

Because my blog often mentions things of a photographic nature, I am pleased to provide a link here to an eye-opening photograph. (Click on the title above)

Please do spend a few moments looking around this remarkable view of the D.C. crowd during the inauguration. Come in closer.

You can zoom in tight. REALLY tight. I mean "Big Brother is watching" tight.

High technology goes hand in hand with high resolution. The caption for this photo of the new President and the crowd says it was taken with a 1,474 megapixel camera. Wow.

My tiny digital camera saves pictures in an 8 megapixel file. I can enlarge these images pretty darn big. My first digital camera 5 years ago had a 2 megapixel. Today even cell phone camera have more than 2 megapixels.

Oh, and here's an update on the 19th Annual Blues Bash. Welcome back Beverly "Guitar" Watkins!

I saw her when she played Gage Hall 3 years ago just before she was diagnosed with lung cancer. She's now a 3-year survivor.

People marvel at her high energy when this 70-year old grandmother takes the stage with her guitar and rocks the house. Hope I'm that active when I'm 70.

(Oh, that's right. I turn 70 in April.)

She played the main library. She played the Recreational Center at IOP and she played the downtown Sticky Fingers. Everywhere the crowds were huge.

First time I've seen THIS counter-hopping scene calling out "Party of 5" tables at Sticky Fingers!

Hope all this is an indication of a successful "season" for the restaurants here in Charleston.

SEWE comes next.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Tue Feb 10, 10:53:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard her a couple years ago at Bowen's Island. She was incredible.

 
At Wed Feb 11, 12:21:00 PM , Blogger Paula Roberts said...

Wow, that is amazing! I posted it on my facebook. I wasn't at the inauguration and not a fan of Obama, but love the technology! Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home