Sunday, July 10, 2016

Faces in the crowd...

 Eight days in Paris, you see a LOT of sights.

The Eiffel Tower. The Arc de Triomphe. Notre Dame.

But I also chose some people's faces.

Some are regular "street photos" in a foreign setting.

This ad for a croissant breakfast made me smile.

These young ladies were posing a vertical "selfie" with Notre Dame in the background.

At least I hope some of the grand church made it into their photo.

Most shots like this show just the four faces.
That could have been taken at home back in Ohio.

I think it was nice for this man to put on a bow tie to take his niece to see the Sacre Coeur Basilica.

This street photo happened because I saw his wild hair and zoomed in for a shot.

I was seated in an artsy area and caught a few more stand-out faces to add to my Paris collection.

An obviously very tired merchant had found a quiet spot to catch a few winks.

I was not close enough to hear actual snores but I sense he was approaching REM sleep mode.

A pity he would have to snap awake and get back to tending busy weekend crowds.

This waiter had stepped away from his restaurant to grab a smoke and survey the people passing by his establishment.

Better they would stop, come in and be seated.

Then he could serve them properly and continue the tradition of fine French service and attitude.

But he appears to be a bit judgmental.

These munching faces ABOVE the arches appear to have gone for a Happy Meal experience along the famed Champs d' Elysees.
A small bottle of water there was 3 Euros. Pricey rent I suppose.

Here is a gathering of faces taken with my longest setting of my zoom lens.

I was at the 900-foot level at the top of the Eiffel Tower, looking down at the very large Fan Zone.

These soccer fans filled about 3/4 of the space for 90,000 near the base of the tower. They were watching a quarter-final match being played elsewhere in France.

This is probably the largest "face" I saw this day.

This rhino - and a full-size elephant statue - were on display outside the Musee d'Orsay.

As if it were not imposing enough, I ventured to use a fish eye effect setting on my camera, to make the head and horn even more pronounced. Yes, overkill.

As a final period of people-watching, I present a classic scene of "one day you're the pigeon and another day, you're the statue."

This statue was either very new or had been pressure-washed clean recently.

(Click on the photos and links for more details.)

Thanks for tagging along as I wander around Paris, with my camera.

 Let's stop for a spell at a cafe and have a latte. Maybe even a pastry?





Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At Tue Jul 12, 02:03:00 PM , Blogger Elvin said...

A different take on Paris -- an observant tourist indeed. Love it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home