Thursday, March 06, 2014

"..and a roof over my.....car."



My car is getting older.

Seven years ago it was pushed off the showroom floor and I drove it home.

Since then, Saturn stopped making the 2-door Ion model.

(It has two more doors - hidden - with no door handles.)

Surprises people when I open up the entire side of the car (no post between doors) and shove large boxes inside.

Clever design and one reason I bought it.

Then a few years later, Saturn went out of business.

Gone. Pffft. Dealership closed.

When I wanted service, I was told to take it back to where I bought it but now it was a Chevrolet/GM dealer.

I'm sure they trained those guys well to ALSO work on a Saturn if one showed up.

So, my car and I get along fine. It has not needed much attention and I can park it away from bird droppings and tree sap.

But, pulling up under the deck is awkward. Usually only do that if a serious storm is predicted.

Must be a better way to use that cement slab/patio for a long-gone mobile home.

I took down the bird feeder because of what they were doing ON my car.

Ingrates.

Then I looked into a steel car port. I had a pretty clear idea of what I wanted.

The City of Hanahan said I would need a permit and paperwork on how it would be anchored so it would not blow away into a neighbor's yard and cause damage.

I assume they are protecting me from other people's flying sheds and car ports.

Found what I wanted on Rivers Avenue at Leonard Aluminum Utility Buildings, Inc.

Naturally I took a picture of one they had assembled out back.

12 feet wide, 21 feet long and the poles are 5 feet high. Should do it.

You can get the idea even though, when I combined the two pictures, I showed I don't do well matching perspectives. Or relative size.

The slab is 8 feet wide by 20 feet.

Hanahan City Planners will be glad to know it will be held in place with four long Mobile home anchors that screw deep into the ground.

(Click on the photos for more details.)

My free-hand sketch shows it more accurately than my photos.

Proper perspective is better when I draw things.

Guess I'm an artist.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home