Monday, July 15, 2013

The Writing's On The Wall.....

I have not been to all of the Charleston places where the sign says "Guy Fieri Ate Here," but I'm working on it. The production company has a stencil they use to spray paint his "mark of approval" on the wall. Look for it.

Guy is the host of "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" (Triple D or DDD).

My first stop was at Fuel for some Caribbean flavors.

The Chicken Jerk Sandwich did the trick and they are smart enough to include the 7-minute DDD segment on their website.

Clever.

Yep, the stenciled sign was very visible.

I stop at Tattooed Moose pretty often.

Tasty pub grub and an array of craft beers.

Sort of the last "dive" bar outta downtown before you hop on I-26 to head home.

(Nearby Royal American though is another newcomer on the dive menu.)

This time I chose the Chicken Salad BLT.

Hmm, not showcasing any red meat.

Maybe I AM eating healthier?

No, that's a myth as I demonstrate on my next chicken meal,
Well, when they are as proud of this as they are, it drew me in.

Breakfast + lunch?

Fried chicken and toasty waffle.

Syrup leaking over everything and a cuppa hot Joe.

A friend had seen the sign and asked if it were diced chicken added to the waffle batter?

Not exactly.

Real fried chicken placed next to a golden waffle.
As a native, I tend to favor seafood.

Fish, scallops, shrimp and grits and plates like that.

It appears I was on a "Chicken Kick."

At home, lately, I'm preparing a large spinach salad, which sounds good for you.

But then, I add tomatoes, a sliced boiled egg, garlicky croutons, shredded cheddar, a Greek Vinaigrette salad dressing and fresh ground pepper. Ahhh.

But, you don't see Guy Fieri's mug in places that serve spinach salads.

The "Moose" has it sprayed on one of the doors of the iconic wooden coolers. Very cool.

I still have not looked for the stencil signature at Glass Onion, although I've been there but didn't know it was on the list of local places where Guy had taped shows.

I also have not been to Summerville to check out Perfectly Frank's, a Cuda family tradition, and a true hot dog joint.

They too were wise to include their segment on DDD on their web page.

Willing to bet the stencil is not hidden away in a dark corner.

(Click on the photos for more details.)

If there are other places around town where Guy has kidded with the chef and chatted with the smiling customers, I hope someone tells me.

The DDD guy has an interesting spiked hair style.

Wonder how I would look?


Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home